Rated “Number 1 Prompter Service in the Country”
Our Teleprompter Rental, Presidential Teleprompter Rental and Interrotron Rentals come with a professional operator, laptop & software.
TeleprompterRental.com is pleased to offer the first Interrotron Mark IV 4K units available in North America. At the present time, we have three in NYC and two in Hollywood. It comes with Blackmagic 4K camera and quality lens in the director’s unit.
More 4K units are expected shortly. If you live outside these areas, we can ship a Mark II to you with an operational video.
1-800-811-7805 * 917-414-5489 * 818-434-9660
The new Mark III Interrotron unit is 4K ready and is really more desirable to use with the RED Dragon / Weapon, Alexa F35, C300 and other high end cameras.
Now, the director really sees just what the lens of the camera sees in full HD resolution and quality not standard definition composite as in virtually every other machine.
We offer our Teleprompter Rental services nationwide and are already in several major cities. We are fully capable of resolving any technical problem should it ever arise. Our professional, experienced operators can fix or get a backup part or a whole new unit in no time.
You will never be “out of luck”.
You can trust us to deliver on our promise to make your project run smoothly. We know that it must be completed on time and within your budget.
We are aware that your time is precious and that you need to get it right the first time around.
Give us a chance to work with you.
Call Bill Milling at: 917-414-5489 or toll free at 1-800-811-7805.
We will provide the right Teleprompter, Interrotron, Presidential Teleprompter for your needs at the right price.
We are a full-service Teleprompter Rental company, not an individual owner-operator. That is why we can help overcome Murphy’s law “…anything that can go wrong will go wrong…”
Your shoot is too important to depend on one person and one prompter and one laptop.
In most cases that works out just fine…
…until it doesn’t.
You deserve the dependability of a reliable company that can supply you with a back up unit or replacement glass or laptop. We have dozens of highly trained operators to help you in an emergency. And we have several locations in the heart of the most “prompter intensive” areas of Manhattan.
Because we are a true “Tri-coastal Teleprompter Rental company” with offices in New York, Hollywood, Philadelphia, Atlantic City, Miami, as well as Boston, Atlanta, San Francisco and Las Vegas, you can get consistent, professional quality service. The same high end machines and advanced software can be found at all locations.
Actually, we are opening offices in other cities all the time and plan to be a truly national company before long.
Our clients like the idea that they can count on us for so many different types of prompting devices. We can set you up with a Presidential Teleprompter or a Daylight Battery-powered Prompter, a Confidence Monitor or an Errol Morris style Interrotron.
In fact, we are the first in the nation to have the new Interrotron Mark IV HD.
We can set you up for your next live event with a Presidential Prompter aka Speech Prompter. This unit is the same as the one President Obama uses. (In fact, we have prompted for First Lady Michelle Obama, Beyoncé, Liam Neeson, Hugh Jackman, Tina Fey and a host of other celebrity, business and political figures).
Teleprompter Technical Support
Tech support is often not considered as the renter often assumes that every operator is also a skilled technician. While this is sometimes the case, we feel it should always be so. Most shoots are very simple and straight forward. And when everything is going well, virtually any competent operator can handle things, but when it doesn’t go well, you need to have someone on the case to get your shoot back on track with minimal lost production time.
Technology seems to change with the speed of lighting. You deserve a company with professional operators capable of addressing tech issues immediately so you can get back to work.
Additionally, we are a company, not an individual owner-operator so if the operator in the field can’t solve a problem, he or she can call our back up crew.
We have Teleprompter Operators eager to work!
Call Bill at: 917-414-5489 for more information or to schedule a tour of our studio.
24/7 Emergency Teleprompter Service.
Toll Free 1-800-811-7805
Top Ten Teleprompter Tips
1. It is the speaker, not the operator, that sets the speed of the prompter. Our prompter operators are trained to keep pace with the talent. The idea is that the speaker can concentrate on delivery not memorization. He/she needs not think about pacing. They should just try and relax and then speak at a normal pace. The operator will follow. When the speaker pauses, the operator will pause also.
2. Talk to the operator! Should there be something that you would like changed in the text just let your prompter technician know. They can edit the copy immediately on their laptop computer. They can make the type larger or smaller. Should you wish, they can spell hard to pronounce words phonetically or just abbreviated. Your operator is there to help you!
3. Be as natural as possible. It’s not easy, but it really helps the speaker seem more believable if he/she uses a conversational tone. It is said that most humans have a fear of speaking in public. By adopting a natural tone and relaxed stance you convey a sense of power and mastery of your subject.
4. Know your material. The more time you spend going over your copy, the more natural you’re going to appear to your audience. This lets you use the Prompter as a safety net instead of relying on following it for every single word. Just glance at the script when you need to and look at your audience when you feel confident with the text.
5. Project energy! Naturally there are some somber topics that require you take a subdued tone. However, as a general rule the more energy you can manage to project the more you will connect with and influence your audience. This is especially true when you are speaking directly to camera. It actually appears to tone down your energy level, so by being more upbeat than might feel natural is actually a good thing. Trust me, the camera loves it.
6. Speak directly into the lens. When you’re using a camera mounted prompter, you’ll want your talent to maintain eye contact with the lens, which is just behind the glass. In order to help do this, the prompter operator will show what place they are putting their cue point to keep pace with the speaker. Generally this will be in the center of the glass, and not at the top. That way they can keep the eye-line directly in front of the lens.
7. Practice really makes a big difference. Even if your speaker is experienced with reading from a prompter it makes good sense to arrange for as mush rehearsal time as possible. It pays to have your talent and operator have the time to get in sync. They can try different type sizes, font styles and colors, and format the text for greater legibility.
8. Choose the best prompter size. This reminds me of Goldilocks. The screen size needs to be not too big, not too small, but just right. Too big, results in the reader’s eyes seem to move back and forth as in a tennis match. Too small and the talent will squint at the camera.
9. Try your best to relax. The prompter is there to make your life easier not harder. It removes the burden of trying to memorize all that copy and lets you concentrate on communicating your copy in the most effective way possible.
10 Have Fun. Be confident and take time to breathe deeply. If you “ad lib” or stray form the script, no problem, the prompter will be there when you return. If you stop, it will wait.
Remember that using a Teleprompter is much easier than trying to memorize all that copy.
212-219-1075 * 1-800-811-7805